Hey everyone! Hope you’re all doing well. My skin has been having some hormonal breakouts, so I’ve been giving it a bit of a makeup break. I’m also starting to allocate more money to things that aren’t just buying myself makeup (what a concept) so it’s been a little slow on the beauty front. BUT I did decide to get the Kat Von D Metal Matte palette when it restocked, because it was just the one that got away. Every color fills a gap in my collection, and I’m a huge fan of Kat Von D shadows. The palette got positive reviews; I haven’t worn it on my eyes yet but I did swatch them on my arm and WOW they are stunning. I hope to play with it a bit tomorrow before I head out for the night.
Anyway, I went through a decent amount of products in January. I’ll run through them pretty briefly.
- MAC Fix+: I go through a bottle of this every few months. It’s a staple in my collection. I use it to add moisture to my face, meld all my makeup together, and foil eyeshadows.
- Skindanavia Makeup Primer Spray: I got this as a sample when I bought a full size Skindanavia setting spray. Skindanavia makes the Urban Decay setting sprays, and their products are great quality. I enjoyed this spray, but I don’t think I’ll repurchase. I have other primers I like more, and this doesn’t feel that hydrating.
- Shea Moisture Hand & Body Scrub: I enjoyed this sugar scrub a lot, and it’s pretty inexpensive. It smells nice and leaves behind a nice moisturizing feel. I’ll probably repurchase this.
- Sephora Dry Clean brush cleaner spray: This is a really nice product. You spray it on your brushes, swirl them around on a paper towel, and they’re instantly clean and dry. The scent is a little strong, but it does a great job. I may repurchase this, but I also wanted to try the Cinema Secrets cleaner.
- Philosphy Hands of Hope lotion: I buy a lot of these mini lotions in the winter. This one was alright. Didn’t leave my hands soft for that long, so I moved on to other products.
- MAC Cleanse off oil: This product really works. Buuuuut it does this very weird thing where if you use too much on your eyes, it gets in them and you can’t really see for like a few minutes until you blink it out. It doesn’t hurt; it’s just weird. I don’t think I’ll be repurchasing it.
- Lush Skin Drink: This was pretty overpriced and honestly just felt greasy. My skin is the driest of the dry and this was too oily for me. Will not be repurchasing.
- Lancome night creme & eye creme: I got these samples as a gift with purchase. Both are nice and thick cremes, but I won’t be repurchasing because the full sizes are out of my price range.
- Mac eye makeup remover: This product is alright. I had to use kind of a lot before it took off all my makeup. I won’t purchase a full size.
- Jack Black lip balm: I really liked this. It’s cheap and effective, and I definitely will be buying this again.