My box came early this month and surprised me yesterday. This month’s theme is “The Gleam Team,” and I have to say, as much as I love highlighting and glowing, this seems similar to a theme that we had recently enough that I think Sephora should consider doing some more brainstorming for the next few months’ themes. The products in this month’s bag are supposed to help you glow in any way you want, be that subtle or intense.
- Glamglow Glowstarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer: Sephora refers to this as a “glotion” and that’s exactly what it is. If you haven’t used an illuminating moisturizer or primer before, I highly recommend them if you like looking dewey. The nice thing about glowy primers is you can tone them down by applying foundation on top of them and control your level of glow that way, or you can wear them on their own with no base makeup at all if you just want to look healthy and hydrated. I think this product is comparable to the Becca Backlight Priming Filter, although this one is more intensely glowy and a heavier moisturizer than the Becca, which is softer and more of a primer than primarily a hydrating moisturizer. This product is $49 for 1.07 oz, and like most Glamglow products, it is nice but overpriced. I’m not sure I’ll buy a full size of this.
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Golden Pink: Let me preface this by saying I love rose gold, and I think this shade of rose gold is beautiful and the formula is lovely. However, we got a rose gold shadow stick by Laura Mercier just a few months ago, and I have not used up mine yet (not even close, in fact) so I think this was pretty redundant. Pretty much any other color would have been good. I’ll be giving this to a friend. A full size of this is $30 for 0.05 oz.
- Benefit Cosmetics Watts Up! Cream to Powder Highlighter: I’ve never tried Watts Up, so I’m pretty happy about this one. It’s a pretty nicely sized sample. I think this is a beautiful highlight with great staying power. It can look natural or it can be built up to be pretty intense. The best way to apply this is directly to the face and then blended out with either your fingers or a sponge. This product is $30.00 for 0.33 oz.
- Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast: I already have a full size of this, so I’m happy about the travel size. I have thin, lifeless hair and this is pretty much the only product I use on it. It lifts my roots, gives my hair volume and life, and absorbs oils really well. Make sure to not hold it too close to your head when you spray it and give it a good shake before spraying. I highly recommend this product. It’s $29 for 7.5 oz.
- Josie Maran Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm: I have to admit, I’m not fully sure how to use this product. It’s supposed to be sort of a makeup/skincare hybrid, but I tend to dislike these hybrid products because I find they do neither thing really well. I’ll have to play around with this some more because you can use it under makeup, over makeup, as highlight…etc. This product is $36 for 0.5 oz.
- Chloe Fleur de Parfum: I’m sort of “eh” about this perfume. It has notes of lemon essence that I don’t really like, but it also smells like roses and verbena which sort of brings it back for me. I won’t buy a full size, but it’s not bad at all.